[SLUG] /home1 contains file system w/errors - check forced - how do you approach this problem??

From: Clay, John (John.Clay@lfr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 15:05:57 EDT

I rebooted my Linux server today and was greeted by the following (edited)
messages:

/boot1 OK
/home1 Contains file system with errors - check forced
        - Inodes that were part of a corrupt orphan linked list found
        - Unexpected inconsistency - Run fsck manually
/opt clean
/tmp1 clean
/usr1 clean
/var1 clean

An error occurred during the file system check dripping you to a shell. The
system will reboot when you leave the shell.

Can anyone give me a hint as to how to approach this problem?

Thanks Much

John Clay
Tallahassee FL
USA