[SLUG] Samba and Win2k Printing problem

From: Austin Theen (austin@austintheen.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 10:12:05 EDT

Hi All,

I've been having a problem on a samba server for the past few weeks
that's really been bugging me. I have mixed clients of Win98 and Win2k
being served from a samba 2.2.7a box. the server has a hp laserjet 5
hung off lp0 and shared with cups & samba. everyone prints fine (test
pages and documents).

except every once in awhile the win2k box tries to print large documents
(usually multi-page faxes) that hangs the print queue. I've upgraded
cups to the latest and samba doesn't mention any print updates to 2.2.8a
so I'm thinking its a configuration issue. I'm stumped, I've googled for
any error or solution and can't find anything.

I've set them up to be able to remove the offending job from the print
queue with the cups web interface, but that's not a solution, its a hack
to get it back working.

Anyone got any ideas what I can do?

--
Austin Theen <austin@austintheen.com>