Re: [SLUG] Samba and Win2k Printing problem

From: Austin Theen (austin@austintheen.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 13:12:07 EDT

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 11:05, Todd Robinson wrote:
> Does the offending document start to print? Can you see that the whole
> document has landed in the temp print que file? Can you get the job to
> print from the Linux box once it is there?

Yeah, the offending document makes it all the way through samba, gets
handed off to cups and seems to work. except the printer hangs the job
and any other jobs are queued and never print until the offending job is
removed. I can't find anything in the logs of cups or samba that show an
error. I've turned up verbosity on both to insane levels of logging.

it could be memory related on the printer side as scott said. Is there a
way to tell what the size of the page is being sent to the printer (page
by page?). I will find out how much memory is in the printer shortly.

---< /etc/samba/smb.conf >---
[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        create mask = 0700
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r
        # using client side printer drivers.
        lpq command = lpstat -o %p
        lprm command = cancel %p-%j
        browseable = No