Re: [SLUG] Sarasota

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 16:31:32 EDT

>Do you mean surfing to Zombo.com and looking for pictures of Roblimo in
>a Viking suit is unstructured? We were using Mozilla,Galeon and
>Konqueror, as I recall. I still haven't made it to a meeting where there
>was actually pizza. We shall see tomorrow. </;-)>

Unstructured? I thought we were anarchists.

Anyway, Brother From The Other Coast, this is the LUG that met at my
trailer one night and had a drunk reporter from the Tampa half-assed
alternative paper, "Weekly Planet," come over and later try to
reconstruct conversations from memory instead of from notes. A rather
libelous story resulted, but we laughed it off, the Planet fired the
guy, and he was later exiled to Ft. Lauderdale. (No kidding; he's
working for a paper there now.)

And yes, Zombo.com. What other LUG has *studied* Zombo.com?

What LUGs besides Sarasota and Silicon Valley have copies of StarOffice
7 already?

Some of are so cool, we have cell phone with color LCD displays!

Not that someone who is going to spend time in Orlando shouldn't check
out LEAP (Linux Enthusiasts and Professionals) there, a worthy bunch,
but they don't have Sarasota's colorful circus history to live up to, so
their meeting are not nearly as much fun.

- Robin