Re: [SLUG] data from old master

From: thor_consulting@yahoo.com
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 07:37:30 EDT

what are the errors? unable to mount...?

does the /etc/fstab have the device hardcoded as /dev/hda?

^

if this is what's happenin' then drop into single user mode and edit the
fstab file to match where the HD is:

primary master /dev/hda
primary slave /dev/hdb
secondary master /dev/hdc
secondary slave /dev/hdd

hopefully you are using grub and you can edit the grub.conf (menu.lst) file
(in /boot/grub or wherever) to reflect the changes.

if not (lilo?) then create a grub boot floppy and learn how to boot with
grub

good luck

thor

mailto:thor_consulting@yahoo.com