Re: [SLUG] Slow Console

From: Steve (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 13:36:12 EDT

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 11:42 am, you wrote:
> Thanks Eban, I will set up vmstat to run in the morning when it is at
> its worst.

I've just run into a scene which turns out to be damaged drives from IBM.
The manifestation is a really slow system. Boot took about 25 minutes. I've
now had three of these (out of 20) go bad within 6 months. Thought I'd share
it...

This is the first time I've seen this type of a thing. Looks like too much
swapping. Rebuilding the drive did not fix it for more than a very short
while. Replacing the drives handled it.

--
Steve

__________________________________________________ I hear SCO are closing their doors soon, let's wish them farewell and good riddance! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.