Re: [SLUG] serious distro comparisions

From: savatage (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 10:26:06 EDT

For a Newbie the easiest will be Xandros if you are comming from Windows.
It even renames the directorys like c:/ d:/ etc., when using the file
manager which is a modified version of konquor.
When installing there may be a quark after it installs and tells you to
remove your cdrom and it reboots at the boot
up it will give you a few options choose safe mode to let it finish the
setup then restart normal and choose xandros.

Thats it.
B.Preece

Or if you want to play and learn Linux without installing use knoppix!!! The
new 3.3 just came out so give it a shoot.

Again enjoy
BP