Re: [SLUG] network configuration with Debian

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 11:02:32 EDT

I recall hearing something about that. I don't think this is the problem,
though, because I've used this exact same .config file to compile a kernel on
2.4.20 and later kernels and they worked great. Now, with Debian woody, I'm
trying to run 2.4.18, so the same driver I selected before should still work.
One question: are the old/arcane kernel options that dhcpclient requires in
the 2.4.18 kernel or have they been pulled out? Maybe, instead of switching
to pump from dhcpclient, I could use them if available.