Re: [SLUG] network configuration with Debian

From: Kevin Poorman (asympoticessence@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 14:33:46 EDT

Just recompile your kernel with CONFIG_PACKET and CONFIG_SOCKET. set to
on.

If you jumped kernel version, or your failed to run something like make
oldconfig the .config file won't "take"...

Just go setup your kernel with those two options and recompile.

That will allow DHClient to properly set your IP.

-Pkj, Debian guru.