Re: [SLUG] Can anyone help me set up my Zoom Modem, model number 3025 (internal, PCI) ?

From: Kevin Poorman (asympoticessence@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 15:49:59 EDT

A Google search for "Zoom Modem, model number 3025" yeilded this:

After physically installing your PCI modem enter your CMOS setup and
disable COM2 (Serial Port Boot into Linux and log in as root. Then run:

cat /proc/pci

Look at the output and locate the "bus" entry for your modem. You need
to locate the IRQ and the base I/O address for the modem. Here is an
example of the modem output:

Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x00000000.

Bus 0, device 17, function 0:
Communication controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 0).
Vendor id=1ac1. Device id=480.
Medium devsel. Fast back-to-back capable. IRQ 3. Master Capable.
No bursts.
Min Gnt=252.Max Lat=14
Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe4000000.
I/O at 0xb800 [0xb801]

Note in the output above the IRQ is 3 and the base I/O is 0xb800. This
is common for 56K PCI modem with COM2 disabled. Now link the modem to
COM2 (/dev/ttyS1):

ln -s /dev/ttyS1 /dev/modem

Add this line to your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file using the IRQ and base
I/O address that you found above:

setserial /dev/modem uart 16550A port 0x6400 irq 11

Then run rc.local:

. /etc/rc.d/rc.local

You can test your modem by running "minicom" at the command prompt. For
example type ATDT18006381483 to dial the phone number. The modem should
dial this number. "CTRL-A Q" will quit minicom.

--Pkj