Re: [SLUG] Nvidia 5200 FX Twinview (SVGA) Driver

From: Justin Keyes (twitch@port0.net)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 14:54:40 EDT

On 09 Oct 2003 12:03:09 -0400
Joe Brandt <vzd1s11k@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 23:00, Justin Keyes wrote:
>
> > If you already have an XF86Config file working with a different driver
> > (such as the 'nv' or 'vesa' driver), then all you need to do is find
> > the relevant Device section and replace the line:
> >
> > Driver "nv"
> > (or Driver "vesa")
> >
> > with
> >
> > Driver "nvidia"
> >
> > In the Module section, make sure you have:
> >
> > Load "glx"
> >
> > You should also remove the following lines:
> >
> > Load "dri"
> > Load "GLcore"
> >
> > section. Look at the FAQ (Appendix of the README) and then if nothing helps, post the
> > error you are getting, not XF86Config file. Read the questions,
> > trust me.
> >
> > You may also need to fix pam, that's another story, but that
> > likely isn't your problem right now.
>
> Ok tried that again and attached is the log file generated when x
> attempted to start.
>
> What is Pam?

Ok, first of all, did you remove the "dri" line(s)? because the original
XF86Config that you sent still had them.

Secondly, did you use nvidia's driver?

Finally, please do not send attachments. copy and paste the text
into the message. My MTA's spam filter is filtering out your
attachment... I'll get to that later, but I should tell you in
the meantime that you shouldn't send attachments to the list.
Just so you know.

I will look at the error message, but I guarantee you if you follow
nvidia's documentation, it will work.

--
Justin Keyes             twitch ---at--- port0 ---dot--- net
"Loves Ximian Evolution; hates Red Carpet; loves Sylpheed..."

Americans have come to believe that congress can do anything that is wonderful; anything that has a majority vote. --Walter Williams, 2002 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.