Re: [SLUG] undelete a file from from ext3?

From: twitch@port0.net
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 15:39:40 EDT

No you're not sol. Deleting only removes the inode data from the filesystem,
it does not remove the data from the hard disk until you overwrite the
data, which may or may not have happened depending on your usage since the
'deletion'.

I have no experience with data recovery, but if you research it you
will find. **I wouldn't use the hard drive in question** though, because you
might overwrite the data that you are trying to recover (small chance, but
still possible depending on your usage).

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/data-hiding-forensics.html

tldp.org

google.com/linux