[SLUG] Installing suse over network via share

From: Eric A. Hicks (lugmail@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 17:57:00 EDT

Does anyone have any experience installing suse 8.2 over the network via
a share drive? I ftp'd the entire 8.2 directory from suse's ftp site
and set up a share drive on another pc. It logged in ok when I did a
manual install from the suse boot disk. I directed it to the root of
the 8.2 directory. It actually started the installation except when
yast got to the Installation Settings and then the software section, it
says "cannot read package data from installation media. Media error?
I'm not sure what to do from here. Any ideas? Thanks.