Re: [SLUG] Will upgrading from stable to testing (Debian) install the proper modules?

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 22:49:16 EDT

Dunno about the modules, but I would hope they upgrade with the kernel
upgrade. Could you let me know how the sarge upgrade goes, since I'm
contemplating doing the same thing? I want to upgrade mostly because I need
newer libraries than woody offers for packages like eclipse, juk, and
k3b/cdbakeoven. For now I'm using backports. Do you run kde or gnome or
none of the above? I've got the backported kde 3.1 and I'm worried that when
I upgrade to sarge, it's going to be a pain to get kde 3.1 up and runnning
again. I know sarge is becoming stable soon so my upgrade is inevitable and
imminent.