[SLUG] Will upgrading from stable to testing (Debian) install the proper modules?

From: Michael Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 21:40:30 EDT

If I upgrade from stable to testing. Will the upgrade
process also install any modules I need? I tried to
run sndconfig today it said something about my kernel
not supporting modules. When I tried to just upgrade
the kernal my ethernet (pcmcia) card was no longer
detected. I'm thinking maybe since the previous kernal
didn't need modules the kernal upgrade didn't update
the modules.

Any insite into this would be appricated.
Mike M.

P.S.
Please excuse me if this posts twice I don't see my
post from this morning so I thought I'ld try again.

=====