Re: [SLUG] Linux Backup with GUI?

From: David Meyer (davidmeyer@linux.net)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 09:49:22 EDT

I don't know what your budget is, but CA's ARCserve for Linux runs in a Java Based web gui. Because it runs that way you can access (monitor and control) your backups from any machine that can access that server. Backs up multiple platforms other than Linux, has a huge tape device support list, allows you to set up a separate backup network, supports backup to disk, etc.

You can download a fully functional 30 day trial (with 24/7 tech support) at:

http://www3.ca.com/Solutions/Collateral.asp?CID=38319&ID=115

Dave

--- rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
Hey Sluggers!

I'm looking for a simple backup application for a linux box. It has to work with a tape drive and it has to have a simple GUI for a person not comfortable with command line changes.

Regards
Russ W

Linux.Net -->Open Source to everyone