Re: [SLUG] Problems with smbmnt and fstab... still

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 18:45:35 EDT

The shares are open to all users on the network so I use the guest account.

If I log in as root and type
#smbmount //clinical/Main /mnt/Main -o guest
it works just fine and connects

if I log in as a regular user
#smbmount //clinical/Main /mnt/Main -o guest
cannot mount on /mnt/Main: Operation not permitted
smbmnt failed: 1

I did
#chmod -R 777 /mnt/Main
no change