Re: [SLUG] live cd for developers?

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 23:23:38 EST

> I just read a few lines - but could explain in a nutshell what's going
> on? I don't think I understand.

OK, I'm looking at making a (probably morphix-based) live cd that basically boots you into a development workstation. In other words, instead of having a bunch of stuff like OOo, four web browsers, three spreadsheets, etc. - it will have IDEs, coding editors, compilers, interpreters, debuggers, memory checkers, and other things useful for development.

What I'm looking for is input on what people would like to see included, the legality of including a Sun j2se (seems OK because Sun's license says it's ok to distribute unchanged and in its entirety, but IANAL), and basically any other input in general.