Re: [SLUG] suse user lost with Red Hat - Help

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 21:55:52 EST

> Though I am used to how SUSE does buisiness. How do I configure red hat 9
> to autostart the telnet service and SWAT that wonderful web interface to
> samba?

Telnet server is configured under xinetd instead of an rc script. To
enable it, first verify that the telnet server is installed:

  rpm -q telnet-server

If it is, cd to /etc/xinetd.d/. You should see a file called "telnet"
there. Edit the file and change the "disable = yes" to "disable = no".
Finally, restart the xinetd service:

  /sbin/service xinetd restart

--
The Digital Hermit      Unix and Linux Solutions
http://www.digitalhermit.com