[SLUG] Local Timeserver

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 21:53:57 EST

I have a machine at work which is periodically connected to the internet
via dial-up. One of its functions when it comes up is to check the
internet timeservers and reset its system clock. I'd like to use this
machine as a reference clock for the other machines on the lan, perhaps
having them query it once a day to reset their clocks. Otherwise, the
system clocks seem to slip quite a bit.

My question is: what program (hopefully one that comes with Debian) can
be run as a daemon on the server to make it appear to be a time server
to the rest of the lan? Note: I don't need a program that _asks_ what
the time is. ntp and ntpdate do that. I need a program that will _serve_
up the time to other machines on the lan. Any takers?

Paul