RE: [SLUG] webhosting

From: Steven Buehler (steven@sanctuaryweb.org)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 18:59:59 EST

I use WebIntellects, based in San Diego, California, to host
sanctuaryweb.org and three subdomains under it (ume.sanctuaryweb.org,
winterfiles.sanctuaryweb.org, and now faithriders.sanctuaryweb.org) for
$9.95/month. 150 megs web space, 10GB monthly bandwidth (of which I only
use about a third in any given month), telnet/ssh/(s)ftp/frontpage access,
pop/imap/smtp mail, majordomo listserv, php/perl/ssi and optional Miva
support, ssl support, and I'm sure one or more extras I've forgotten. I've
had zero downtime to date with them and they just migrated to a larger
capacity facility. I think the only time I had to ask for support was with
a FrontPage issue on subdomains, and they responded to my emails quickly
with solutions. Overall I'm very pleased with their service (that was
compared to another company called NTC Hosting whose servers were almost
constantly offline, finally had to threaten legal action to get my money
back and then switched over to WebIntellects).

Did I also mention they run it all on Linux?

Steven W. Buehler | steven@sanctuaryweb.org
Web Site: http://www.sanctuaryweb.org | http://renaitre.iuma.com
AOL I/M: StevenBuehlerFL | MSN: StevenWBuehler@msn.com | Yahoo! swbuehler
Current Schedule: http://calendar.sanctuaryweb.org