Re: [SLUG] SLUG IRC?

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 08:17:40 EST

>... I'd be willing to make an appearance on the weekends
>if people want to try it again.. my preference would be on irc.oftc.net
>but it doesn't really matter..

As a social-with-a-little-tech-support-tinge channel, try #space on
irc.oftc.net. It was originally the channel for a University of Maryland
LUG but evolved beyond that humble beginning even though it's still
fairly student-dominated.

The name - #space - comes from the fact that you can send blank lines in
most Linux IRC clients but not in mIRC, so if a new person shows up in
that channel it's common to be greeted with blank lines, and you are
okay if you reply with a few of your own.

- robin