Re: [SLUG] Spam RAGE! - CNN Reports!

From: Andrew M. Hoerter (amh@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 22:53:31 EST

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Josh Tiner wrote:

> http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/11/24/spam.rage.reut/index.html
>
> I think we've all felt like doing this at some point to those pesky
> spammers - maybe next time he could just send a spam mail back offering
> to shrink their heads.

For an alleged programmer, this guy seems awfully ignorant of the
multitude of spam filtering tools available. Not to mention it sounds
like his machine was infected with ad/spyware? Hard to tell from the
article.

Perhaps he should have had a firmer grasp of the law before threatening
people electronically; to wit, expressing a *wish* that something should
happen to somebody is fine, but offering to *make* it happen isn't.