Re: [SLUG] laptop configure 2 mice

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 15:29:53 EST

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, Russ Wright wrote:

> I have a sager 5650 laptop running suse 9. I have an internal touchpad mouse.
> configured as a ps2 mouse on /dev/psaux. I want to use an external mouse (MS
> ps2 intellimouse with wheel) and a 101 keyboard sometimes.
> My problem is that if I plug in the mouse and keyboard before the system boots
> up the mouse freaks out and jumps all over the screen. If I wait until the
> system is completely booted and then plug in the keyboard and mouse they work
> OK.
>
> My question: how do I configure my system to use 2 different mice?

I think you just add the line

InputDevice "your_other_mouse" "SendCoreEvents"

in the ServerLayout section, and add an InputDevice section defining
your_other_mouse, but don't quote me on that, as I only have one mouse.
(Trackball, but XFree86 isn't picky.) I believe whichever one is the
CorePointer will determine window focus, but ICBW.

Unix is user-friendly; it's just picky about who it makes friends with.