Re: [SLUG] Homebrew PVR's, tiny hardware and Holiday Cheer

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 12:00:39 EST

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Matt Moen wrote:

> Has anyone played freevo and/or MythTV (http://www.mythtv.org/) or
> anything similar? Any suggestions for tiny hardware with about 3 PCI
> slots (1 for NTSC output, 2 for TV tuners (for simultaneous viewing
> and recording)). I'm probably going to clock the processor down some,
> and attempt to go fanless, except for, perhaps, a quiet power supply.
> Diskless too, although that may require an upgrade to Gig Ethernet
> depending on the bandwidth consumption of the PVR.
>
> Any suggestions?

Think about a mini-itx case. http://www.mini-itx.com/ I haven't bought
from them. Also consider an IDE CF reader with a remote fileserver as
opposed to regular hard drive. Ask in comp.os.linux.hardware .

LIBRA:  A big promotion is just around the corner for someone
much more talented than you.  Laughter is the very best medicine,
remember that when your appendix bursts next week.  -- Weird Al