[SLUG] Cups not p;rinting and cannot access admin

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 10:21:47 EST

I have the print server up thanks to all of you. I have a very full
filesystem that was hanging on boot.

Now I cannot get cups working. All appears well but the files do not
print from my MS workstations. I Tried to go into admin but was refused
because it says I do not have permission. I logged in as root with my
root password and can get to the menu but cannot manage printers; or do
anything else because of the permission issue.

When I go to add a printer the entry screens are not 'right'.

I have seen the permission issue before on the list and wonder if anyone
remembers the resolution???

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"