[SLUG] Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server 3.0 / USB 2.0 Question

From: Meyer, David R (FL) (David.Meyer07@ca.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 13:47:37 EST

Hello,

We are converting a bunch of our Windows servers to Red Hat Adv. 3.0.
The servers are IBM 345 with SCSI drives in a RAID 5 Config. There is a
USB 2 port in the back (it was added later) that Red Hat identifies.
One of the Windows guys has a ton of files on a USB 2 Hard Drive that
was formatted using FAT32 that he wants to pull off. The drive is
mounted during boot up, but we can't seem to find it once things are up
and running.

My question...is this a simple Samba configuration question or am I
really missing the boat here. I know SuSE will mount the device and
allow you access right away. However, we are unable to even find this
drive.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave