Re: [SLUG] PXE boot image server

From: cpace@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 14:49:49 EST

> Take a look at the work from LTSP.org and/or K12LTSP.org

They have documentation on PXE and stuff but I can't
find anything to do what I'm attempting to do. I
want to basically make an image server that gives
out PXE to the clients and allows me to image boxes.
These boxes will be Windows for now and hopefully
some Linux ones to follow. An added desire would
be a solution that monitors for the MACs when
booting and will push down an image if instructed to
do so. This is basically being used for remote
restore capabilities. I know there are commercial
products for Windows that do these things but I'm
really hoping to go GNU/OSS with this if possible.
I believe PartImage will do part of what I need as
far as the imaging goes but I need a way to make a
PXE server with a bootstrap image to be loaded on
client system so I can push down the PartImage image
(lots of images, huh?). Thanks again for any help.

Pace