[SLUG] Re: slug] pysol magic number

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 11:30:13 EST

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Bob Stia wrote:

> Anyway, downloaded pysol as an rpm and installed on my SuSE8.2. (Wife
> like to play card games) When I run the command to open pysol I get a
> "RuntimeError - Bad Magic number in .pyc"
>
> ????? How do I find the magic "good magic numer" ??

The 'Bad Magic number' error is saying that the python
interpreter installed, differs from the python interpreter
under which the .pyc was compiled -- There are ABI
differences, for example, between python sources (.py's) under
python-1.5 and python-2.x.

You have probably hit this; recompile from a source chain, and it
should be solved

 -- Russ Herrold