Re: [SLUG] pysol magic number

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 18:45:41 EST

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 12:54:54AM -0500, Bob Stia wrote:

<snip>

> OK Daniel, my python is 2.2.2-92 The pysol is 4.81-191
> I also have a later version of pysol (4.82-28) which I downloaded from
> the pysol site but it will not install because it says I need python
> 2.2.3 which I cannot seem to find. It is available but only as a i686.
> Don't know if that will work. If you don't have any other ideas I will
> have to go searching.

Just a comment, here. You don't actually need the .pyc file to run
something. Python will compile code on the fly. In fact, Python can be
made to recompile source code into the bytecode contained in .pyc files.
However, running a straight .py file might not work either, if the
library calls have changed between the version you're running and the
version in which the source code is written.

Paul