[SLUG] New Office Network Desired.

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 19:06:44 EST

Hi All

I had an interesting experience Saturday.

The minor partner of the firm I work for ask me what he had to do to put Linux
on a server, router, and reconfigure the office network.

That is strange. The person who 2 years ago was an aviate MS fanatic is seeing
the light.

Anyway that would not be worthy of a posting but his reasoning on his
requirements is.

His first consideration was not in quality but in stability.
But!
Not they one normally thinks of quality and stability.

He wanted only to deal with a firm that had a physical presents in Tampa Bay,
Clearwater preferable so that is something happens he could go back to them
or over to their store. After that came technical competence.

I tried to explain to him that that was not the way things worked here in
Tampa Bay but he was most adamant.

Knowing him I copied a list of the SLUG help section and gave it to him so
that he could precede at his own pace.

This brings up the point of the post.

I feel that this is the attitude that most small business here in Tampa Bay
have. So as a suggestion if you guys are interested in consulting work it may
be prudent to list yourself twice on the help screen, once as an individual
and once as a business or some such.

Thanks
Frank