[SLUG] Splashscreen Humor

From: Tim Wright (t.wright1@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 21:41:03 EST

When I found out that Windows NT kept the splashscreen in the \winnt
directory, I customized it with the GIMP to better reflect the way it really
performs for me at work. NT will use any *.BMP file named "Winnt256.bmp" for
the splashscreen (Winnt.bmp if the monitor can't support 256 colors), and
this is the new one I use at my place of employment. A few co-workers soon
noticed it and asked for copies of their own. Help yourselves.

http://t.wright1.home.mindspring.com/winnt256_NFG.htm

The company IT guy who installed Office XP on my box either didn't notice, or
wasn't amused. I haven't taken the time yet to figure out where Win95/98,
Windows 2000, or XP keep their splashscreen graphics, but giving those the
same kind of treatment strikes me as an entertaining weekend project.