Re: [SLUG] Splashscreen Humor

From: Max F Lang (mflang@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 22:54:47 EST

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 21:41, Tim Wright wrote:
> http://t.wright1.home.mindspring.com/winnt256_NFG.htm

Hope you don't mind me stealing that!... :-p

> didn't notice, or wasn't amused. I haven't taken the time yet to
> figure out where Win95/98, Windows 2000, or XP keep their

Since Win2K/XP are essentially WinNT, shouldn't it be the same? I
remember that Win 3.1's win.com was several files appended
together: win.bin + one/two other files + the splash screen bitmap,
and you just ran "copy" to merge the files. You could use any
bitmap for the splash screen, and I used the OS/2 2.1 splash for
grins. Win95/98 might be similar, my company uses our corporate
logo in place of the clouds, and I haven't thought to ask how they
do that.