Re: [SLUG] Pysol install

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 10:09:03 EST

> Levi - python 2.2 is installed in /usr/lib 2.3 is installed
> in /usr/local/lib The binaries are installed in the respective /bin.
> The new python 2.3 was downloaded as a tarball which I confirured, made,
> and installed with checkinstall which converted it to an rpm and then
> installed it. When I try to install Pysol, an rpm, I get a
> dependency error, stating that python 2.3 is needed.

Wasn't there an "official" or stock python 2.3 rpm that is part of your
distribution? It seems that the problem is that the pysol rpm has a
dependency of python 2.3, and for some reason the rpm you rolled yourself
isn't matching whatever exact text that's getting searched for in the rpm
db.

I've had this happen before, where I've got installed a package named
"python-2.3" , version 2.3.2, but the package manager is looking for a
package named "python" , version 2.3 or greater.

Anyway, my suggestions: find a prebuilt python 2.3 rpm that's part of your
distribution, or install pysol from source.

Levi