Re: [SLUG] An Open Letter to Slug

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 18:29:41 EST

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 09:58:10PM -0500, Tom Ufer wrote:

> I just sent Mr. Tomlinson an e-mail explaining that I have not had a
> righttobeararms account in some time. I also asked him to reconsider his
> leaving the group.
>
> See Paul, it wasn't your fault. ;-)

Oh yes it was, because I finally got tired of it and unsubscribed him.
;-} (In my defense, he did ask us to "hold my SLUG email".)

I still have yet to figure out what question he wanted answered or what
issue he didn't get resolved. And I have yet to see any credible
evidence that he made _reasonable_ attempts to get whatever question
answered (besides his uncorroborated assertions).

And in the end, everyone was bending over trying to accommodate him,
which is, I think, what he originally wanted. Personally, I pegged him
as a troll. When people make a big deal of loudly leaving the group, my
vote is to hold the door open for them.

Maybe I'm just getting jaded. ;-}

Paul