[SLUG] New list member in NY

From: Dan Simoes (danix@onebox.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 15:51:34 EST

Just a quick hello. I've joined the list (and requested to join the SLUG)
as I'm interested in moving with my family down to the Tampa Bay area. I
had a bite on a decent opportunity in Tampa but it seems to have fizzled, so
I'm looking for a job down there (or referrals to good technical
recruiters). I'm checking all the usual places like monster and craigslist,
but the job market down there has not recovered as much as it has here in
NY, where I'm getting cold calls on a daily basis now.

I've read a lot about all the high tech companies that have moved to the
Tampa area and pushed the average population age way down, but I can't seem
to find any of them :)

Based on the archives you've got a good group of people down there, and I'm
looking forward to being on the list. I've been doing Unix since 1989 or
so, with stints at IBM, ANS/AOL/UUNET/WCOM, etc. I'm currently Director of
Unix Platforms for a hosting company in NY. On the linux front I'm partial
to Redhat for commercial use and gentoo for personal/non-commercial use.

Cheers,

| Dan |