RE: {SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] TwinView 3D Problem

From: Ben Drawbaugh (bdraw@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 22:56:44 EST

>I think it's safe to say that many people prefer to not have to do
>anything but click on a button and have a program installed. The closer
>to that the better.

You are correct, and this is what kept me from using Linux full time, but
this is coming along and starting to show promise, with applications like
Apt-Get, portage, and Lindows(lin---s) "Click and Run". These apps make it
even easier than Windows to install, and some even let you compile from
source automatically, without having to worry about dependencies. As for
documentation. I am not sure I agree, I never seem to have trouble finding
documentation for open source software.

Ben
Gentoo rocks!