Re: [SLUG] linux email and exchange

From: bpreece1 (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 09:16:48 EST

Ask your Exchange Administrator to turn on IMAP and SMTP. Most dont because
they are leary of atachments comming from other e-mail clients in addition
to their own OE and Outlook. If they do turn it on the Calendar will not
work though.

Once this is done then you can use many other clients. Except Novell's
Groupwise because it does not support standard MAPI they still use thier own
MAPI protocols. At least this was the case up to POOPWISE 5.5.1.

And Yes OE will work how ever you have to again have IMAP and SMTP setup on
the Exchange Server
Because by default it is turned off !

Below is a set of instructions on how to set up MAPI for "cough" {outlook
Express}.
Go to the Tools Menu, choose Options. Outlook Express 5, 5.1 & 6

Choose the General Tab.
Down the bottom there is a section marked 'Default Messaging Programs'.
Click on the button marked 'Make Default'. If this button is 'dimmed' the
Outlook Express is already your default mail program.

Hope this helps.
Bill Preece