[SLUG] network profiles

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 21:43:29 EST

Hello Sluggers

I have SUSE Linux Pro 9.0

I would like to configure my laptop so I can have multiple configurations for
my internal nic card. For example my home network uses DHCP and is pretty
vanilla and is currently configured at eth0. This office assigned me a
static IP address and supplied me with the IP address for gateway and DNS.

I need to be able to create a network profile that has all the setting for
work and one for my home network settings. So two configurations pointing
at the same network device that I can select based on if I am home or at the
office.

Any idea how I create this?

Can I set it up so on boot I can choose a profile?

Regards
Russ