Re: [SLUG] Dreamweaver-like software

From: Logan Tygart (logan1304@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 18:40:09 EST

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 06:25, Jim Cook wrote:
> [...]

I read this post, this morning, and it piqued my curiousity.

I downloaded and installed nvu on my box at work. I am the sysadmin
(bofh) surrounded by a multitude of "web developers" who love the speed
of our Linux servers, but are hesitant to use Linux on the desktop as
there was no "Dreamweaver."

As I have never used Dreamweaver and tend to use vi for writing php when
I do any editing, (I write the thinking parts/functions and they write
the "Ohhh, preeeety," stuff) I use Bluefish to display the code on my
desktop when the "web developers" are perplexed regarding any particular
function; they enjoy the line numbers and different colors similiar to
Dreamweaver.

As I mentioned before, I installed nvu and showed it to the "web
developers" and they appeared to be impressed. The only negatives they
had to mention were the lack of some the proprietary plugins they had
purchased.

Enough of my incessant rambling,

The Logan

--
18:20:01 up 6 days, 12:51, 5 users, load average: 0.01, 0.14, 0.21
"Nadie sabe lo que tiene hasta que lo pierde." -- Sami y Sandra Sandoval