Re: [SLUG] Dreamweaver-like software

From: R.G. Mayhue (rmayhue@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 19:08:30 EST

On Saturday 28 February 2004 06:22 pm, Bill Canaday wrote:
> On Friday 27 February 2004 10:47 pm, you wrote:
> > Quanta Plus (GPL) != Quanta Gold (NON-GPL)
>
> The guy asked for software recommendations to accomplish one specific goal:
> to get his wife to surrender Dreamweaver.
>
> Rather than simply shooting my suggestion down, why not recommend something
> better?
>
> Bill

I wasn't "shooting your suggestion down" Bill. I was simply pointing out that
Quanta Plus is not the same as Quanta Gold. They are two differant pieces of
software.

Quanta Plus ( http://quanta.sourceforge.net ) is a GPL'ed piece of software
and is finally an official part of the KDE project.

Quanta Gold ( http://www.thekompany.com/products/quanta ) is a NON-GPL'ed
proprietary piece of software written, licensed and sold by theKompany. There
are Linux, Mac and Windows versions available.

In more recent versions of Quanta Plus WYSIWYG editing is being implemented
and is not available in Quanta Gold which is why you didn't notice it when
you tried it.

As far as recommending something better... I did... Quanta Plus :)

IMHO Quanta Plus is much better then Quanta Gold.

-- Rob