Re: [SLUG] Where is cron ?

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 22:48:59 EST

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 06:45 am, Logan Tygart wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 03:07, Bob Stia wrote:
> > Hello sluggers.
> >
> > I want to add some new cron jobs. Can't find where to add them.
> > Know I did this once before. Senile moment? No senile hours
> > -searching.
> >
> > Running SuSE 8.2 KDE 3.1.4
> >
> > Please help
> >
> > Bob S.
>
> If you want to adjust the master crontab it is /etc/crontab. If you
> wish to adjust your personal crontab, just type:
>
> crontab -e

Ummm...Thanks Logan & Kwan, but, I don't have a /etc/crontab, and
crontab -e produces a medium size list of zerors down the left column.

As far as dropping scripts - I have no idea how that is done. or how a
script is executed. I seem to remember a GUI that would allow me to
import a script, set the date & time of execution and allow me to put
it where I wanted it.

Oh well,

Bob S.