Re: [SLUG] Ah what the hell, any old thread will work

From: mark (mseibel@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 08:02:59 EST

D'OH! Sorry everyone. While i'm familiar with posting on boards, the
posting to threads in email is new to me. Thanks for mentioning the
screwup or i would have trodded on in blissful ignorance.

Sure enough, when i assumed that sending an email to the slug@nks.net
address would start a new thread, but replying to someone's post would
continue the thread, it indeed did make an azz out of me as that saying
goes when one assumes.

Best off to RTFM i suppose. After doing so, i'm anxious to talk with
the others on Linux and GIS. Glad to get some responses period, since
its a somewhat sheltered field. I've been doing GIS with ESRI products
now for almost 10 years, and their software when ported to Winderz fell
apart, and is NOT suitable for production use anymore. But I'll delve
into that story and torture ESRI has put its users through. Yet another
instance of proprietary code ruining a perfectly good thing...