[SLUG] knoppix 3.4 with no cardmgr load

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 10:26:35 EST

Hi,
I got a copy of Knoppix 3.4 at the Brandon SLUG last night.
I tried it on a Compaq Presario. It did not initialize cardmgr,
and failed to detect either an Orinoco wireless pcmcia card,
or a 3Com pcmcia. It seems to be not even setting up pcmcia.

Grepping dmesg, lsmod, ifconfig etc. Card not present.

The same machine and cards, on knoppix 3.3 rel 11-19-2003
release is working flawlessly. The cardmgr comes on and
loads the orinoco_cs with no problem

The 3.4 is kernel 2.6.1 and is the default German c't version.
Additionally it takes somewhat longer to load the 3.4 than the
3.3 does. My guess is that this support got left out. I haven't
yet tried it on a desktop, will do this later. Since my wish is to
run it on this laptop, desktop is not a big need here.

Bob Foxworth
Tampa, Florida