[SLUG] Xandros 1.0 and Knoppix

From: Richard S. Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 00:59:06 EST

I have managed to get both versions of Knoppix given out at Monday's
meeting
running on my wife's laptop and my desktop. The cheatcodes for Knoppix
are good.
On my desktop my screen was screwed on both. I looked up my monitor
specs which
said 60hz was the flicker free vert refresh rate. At the prompt on
Knoppix 3.4 I
did Knoppix Lang Shift 0 us xvrefresh shift 0 60 and it worked perfectly.

XANDROS 1.0 worked perfectly on my wife's laptop, but I could not get a
usable display
on my desktop after it got thru detecting my hardware. I did find out
that if you hold the
shift key at booting from the cd you got some video choices, none of
which gave me a usable
screen. I did not find any way to set the vert refresh rate like I could
on Knoppix.
 Does anyone know a way to start the Xandros 1.0 with control over the
video?
Even though it is somewhat old it has a very clean interface and would
do what a friend
of my wife needs to do.

                                  Richard Smoot