Re: [SLUG] Suse 9.1 out may 6

From: Backward Thinker (backwardthinker@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 13:42:23 EST

"Kwan Lowe" wrote:
> SuSe is the only major distribution that I haven't tried yet. I am
> pretty familiar with the RPM distros (RedHat/Fedora, Mandrake) and
> others (Debian, Gentoo). What are the strongest SuSe features?

SuSE is rpm-based. As for its strongest features, I dunno. Some people really like their setup/administrative tools (YaST2). I work with SuSE servers at work (runlevel 3, no X), and can't attest to the Desktop experience. If you are really interested in some differences between RedHat and SuSE in general from a non-graphical perspective, contact me offlist and I can tell you more. I never did install SuSE at home because I am super-cheap, and it's easier to be super-cheaper with other distros.

~ Daniel

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!