RE: [SLUG] RH9 on Toshiba Tecra 8000

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 11:03:24 EST

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 wchast@utilpart.com wrote:

> Steve wrote:
> > On Thursday 18 March 2004 11:05 pm, wchast@utilpart.com wrote:
> >> I get a error message that it can not find the sound card. I have
> >> tried the different tools that are on the RH 9 distro but to no
> >> avail.
> >>
> >> I have also tried to run the Knoppix and MEPIS demo disk on it,
> >> get the same results, anyone know what the work around is?
> >
> > You need to start with identifying the card. What I usually do is
> > search for other people who have installed on that hardware. Search
> > Google for Linux and Toshiba Tecra 8000.

> It is a card type Yamaha Opl3Sa2

See

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Yamaha&card=&chip=OPL3-SA2&module=opl3sa2

(supported by ALSA, driver=opl3sa2).

ARIES:  The look on your face will be priceless when you find that 40lb
watermelon in your colon.  Trade toothbrushes with an albino dwarf, then
give a hickey to Meryl Streep.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_