RE: {SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] Linux and 802.11g cards

From: Steven Buehler (steven@sanctuary.homelinux.net)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 09:34:48 EST

I would put this in the discussion: our company, which sells wireless access
packages, does not allow their own employees to use the technology where
proprietary information is involved.

It is possible to lock down a wireless network such that others cannot get
in, but the average joe is not going to think about that. I've heard too
many stories of colleagues who have friends over to visit and they're able
to just open up their laptops and log in with nothing in the way.