Re: {SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] Linux and 802.11g cards

From: Douglas Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 07:59:35 EST

Kat said:
> This discussion has prompted me to do a little
> homework.. I am also trying to set up a wireless card,
> without much success so far. I have a Netgear WG511
> card which is supposed to be fairly easy to set up
> with a few downloaded files and a little kernel
> recompilation,

That's the same card I have, and I have it working now using the README
and drivers from http://www.prism54.org/. However, I've only managed to
get WEP working, not WPA. My understanding is that the prism54 drivers
don't support WPA, and we need a software package called WPA supplicant
from http://hostap.epitest.fi. I'm not exactly how this works, but I'll
play around with it maybe this weekend...

Doug