Re: [SLUG] wireless router

From: Ian Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 11:53:41 EDT

mrock wrote:
> Does anyone have the Linksys wireless-G broadband router with speed
> booster working in their Linux network? I have RH 8.0 and some other
> box that I need to connect through the same internet connection and
> Earthlink's home network uses this unit plus their software.

I am running multiple Linksys WRT54G's WDS meshed with OSPF (Bird)
routing at home using the Sveasoft enhanced firmware. It works
incredibly well - and they're full ssh managable Linux boxes for ~$60 or
less. Can't beat that.

        http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=6

The WRT54GS uses the Broadcom "Afterburner" chipset - the newer Sveasoft
release supports it. I haven't had a chance to try these yet (but will
soon - purchasing some new ones for my new place).

> I presently use a Linksys router with my RH box and cannot make the W2K
> box connect. Probably due to ignorance which seems to be rampant in my
> life right now. I think there is an issue with Earthlink on this issue.
> If you have had any experience with this I would appreciate some
> assistance.

I don't see the Earthlink connection issue, but ok. Do you use Earthlink
cablemodem over the TimeWarner network, or do you have Earthlink DSL?

> I don't want to get into the same situation with the wireless router(
> only in reverse with my linux box not being connected to the net.)

A bit more info might help us to help you a bit more.

--
- Ian C. Blenke - Director of Service Delivery <icblenke@nks.net>
(This message bound by the following: